This COSCO booking guide is use for whom have COSCO shipping “contract number”and the certified USER. This number from your freight forwarder or from COSCO shipping sales. Without this number you cannot booking.All container from COSCO can not accept CARGO SMART now.
Vist cosco official website: http://elines.coscoshipping.com you can easy know how to login. If there have any problem when you booking, you can call COSCO Customer Service Department. Below let begin learn how to use COSCO booking services book one container:
2.Create a Booking Request
There are 4 simple steps to complete one booking before SUBMIT (Notes: * is mandatory field).For special instruction, 1 / 2 /3 steps plus must be required. Most of the information could be selected from the COSCO website, few message needs input by yourself. You can always select one favorite template to create a new Booking Request.
Step 1: Fill or Choose COSCO routing and COSCO schedule information:
Input the origin city and destination city, select from the popup list. Select PICKUP/DELIVER clause, CY/DOOR. There are 3 options for customer to input the sailing schedule information:
- Option 1: Find From Sailing Schedule through defining the “Intended Date Range”.Click the button. There will be a popup window listing all vessel candidates for the customer to choose. Note: * For the route that has no book button, user can not book as this route might be expired. * Customer also can further filter by “Port of Load” and “Vessel Name” to get more accurate routing information by click “Expand” link on popup top right.
- Option 2: Manual input the vessel voyage
- Option 3: Provide “Earliest Departure Date from Origin” or “Latest Arrival Date at Destination”, and leave the VESSEL/VOYAGE to be assigned by the carrier customer service people.*”first available vessel” option also provide for choose if “Origin City” is from US or CA
Step 2: Input rate/reference information
- Select rate reference type from the corresponding list and input the number
- Provide ocean freight option or payable elsewhere information if have
- Select user reference type from the corresponding list and input the number,
maximum 99 user reference can be added for one booking
*If booking “Origin city” is from US or CA, should provide one of “Service Contract Number” for rate reference or “Tariff
Item No” for user reference with 8 characters for booking
*If booking “Origin city” is from china, Ocean Freight is necessary
Step 4: Input cargo and container information
- Select “Cargo Nature” from the drop down list, provides “Cargo Description” and “CAS
- About cargo description, the metal type and package type are required in the
commodity description for metal scrap shipments
- Detail reefer information are required if current booking is for reefer cargo
* Temperature cannot be greater than 25 degrees Celsius or 77 degrees Fahrenheit and cannot be less than -30 degrees Celsius or -22
- Detail dangerous information are required if current booking is for dangerous cargo
* Outer Package，Net Weight , Gross Weight, OB and IB contact information are not necessary here for the booking “Oringin city”
exclude Mainland China
*user can click “Add Dangerous Information” to add more dangerous information declaration for current booking
- Detail Awkward information are required if current booking is for awkward cargo
*If switch cargo nature when user input cargo information, system will popup alert to avoid user inputted
- Input container information
*If user need to delete unnecessary container size type, click on the delete icon
*If “Origin City” is from US or CA, “I accept partial shipments” option will allow user to choose if total container
quantity more than 1
Below steps are optional for special booking requirements:
Optional Step 5:Instruct haulage time appointment information if under DOOR pickup
*The “pickup number” is optional, and max accept 100 characters for one door appointment. If have more than one
pickup number, you can combine them with “;” (for example “PKL1234567; PKL333333”
*Due to carrier system limitation, customer can’t specify the amount of appointment container, system only allow
customer input the container amount of “total on booking” for “To be Scheduled”
Optional Step 7: Document upload for submit booking
User can provide document information for current booking submission.
- oSelect need upload document type
- Choose local file to upload
- Provide upload document remarks information if have
- User can click “Add Document” to add more upload document
- User can click “X” to delete uploaded document
- Maximum allow 5 documents for each booking request
* Types of documents that you can upload are PDF, documents(.doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt), spreadsheets(.csv, .xls, .xlsx) and
standard image formats(TIFF, JPG, GIF and PNG), with maximum file size of
English Words Which Use this COSCO booking system
Booking Number, it is the number returned by carrier once the booking is
confirmed. Clicked on the hyperlink, user can view the booking
Internet Booking Reference Number, it is the number that generated by
system once the booking request is submitted successfully. It is for user’s
reference and search. Click on the hyperlink, user can view the booking
Origin City, it is the origin city of the booking request.
Destination City, it is the destination city for booking request
Shipper, it is the shipper information for booking request
Service, it is the routing service information for booking request
Vessel Voyage, it is the routing vessel voyage information for booking
Container Pickup check code, it is the 4 digits container pick up check code
which return from carrier shipment confirm message
o Submitted By, it is current booking request’s submitter first name/last
name and account information.
o Processed On, it is the date time that system processed the booking and
submitted to carrier
Status, the latest status of booking request
- Submitted: it means booking request has been sent to carrier
system, waiting for carrier’s processing.
- Cancel Requested: it means the request to cancel the booking has
been sent to carrier
- Pending, Wait Listed or Confirmed: it means booking request has
been processed by carrier.
- Declined: it means booking request has been declined by carrier
- Cancelled: it means booking request has been cancelled by carrier.
Amendment Time, it is the latest date time that carrier accept/reject
booking amendment which via service request function.
- View the booking detail
- Copy to new booking
- Amend booking information. The icon will be displayed If the
booking status is “Pending”, “Wait Listed” or “Confirmed”.
- Send booking cancel request to carrier. The icon will be
displayed if the booking status is “Submitted”,“Pending”,
“Wait Listed” or “Confirmed”.
- Copy to New SI。The icon will be displayed if the booking
status is “Pending”, “Wait Listed” or “Confirmed”and the
user has SI module privilege
- View shipment folder。 The icon will be displayed if the
booking status is “Pending”, “Wait Listed” or “Confirmed”
and the user has shipment folder module privilege